Posts for tag: MLS Laser Treatment
Trust Dr. Gerald Paul for the latest in foot and ankle treatments which relieve pain and promote optimal function. At McLean County Foot and Ankle in Bloomington, your podiatrist uses inventive MLS Laser Treatment to speed healing at the cellular level, treating a variety of podiatric conditions. Learn here how the Multi-wave Locked System works and how it can benefit you.
What is MLS Laser Treatment?
Any laser instrument takes a concentrated beam of light energy and focuses it to illuminate, cut, disinfect, or accomplish a staggering array of artistic, industrial, or medical/dental purposes. In the field of podiatric medicine, doctors such as Dr. Gerald Paul in Bloomington, join with other podiatrists in employing laser technology right in their treatment rooms.
Specifically, Dr. Paul utilizes the Multi-wave Locked System. It delivers two beams of light--one focused and one pulsed--simultaneously targeting areas of inflammation, pain, surgery, active infection, deformity, sprain, strain, fracture, and more.
Taking under 1/2 hour, FDA-cleared MLS Laser treatments works best in a series spread out over several weeks. They need no special preparation, and patients return to their normal activities immediately. The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery states that the best benefit of MLS Laser Treatment is increased energy production of the treated area at the cellular level. In other words, the laser helps the mitochondria, the power plants of each body cell, to increase in activity, using nutrients and oxygen more effectively to promote:
- Quicker and more complete healing post-injury or surgery
- Increased production of collagen, the protein which makes skin and connective tissue more supple, elastic, and resilient
- Better circulation and nerve function
- Pain control and relief
- Cellular repair (healing)
- Reduction of inflammation and edema (swelling)
- Better delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the extremities particularly after injury or surgery
- Removal of toxins from affected areas (overabundance of histamines, for example)
Specific uses for MLS Laser Treatment
Dr. Paul often advises laser treatments as part of comprehensive care plans for people who are in good overall health or are in reasonable control of chronic conditions such as diabetes. Treatable conditions include:
- Plantar fasciitis (heel pain due to inflammation)
- Sprains and strains
- Diabetic ulcers and wounds
- Degenerative disc disease
- Sore muscles
Find out more
Not functioning at your best? Suffering from pain, inflammation and poor healing in your extremities? MLS laser treatments from Dr. Gerald Paul at McLean County Foot and Ankle may be your way to optimal functioning and improved well-being. Call the office in Bloomington, IL, today to schedule a consultation with your podiatrist at (309) 662-9001.